2016 rules summary
- Up to 7 men and 3 women count for each club.
- Men score 28 points down to 1 point.
- Women score 28 points down to 17 points.
- 2 bonus points for every runner above the 7 men and 3 women.
- Bonus points in every M & W age category - 8, 5, 3, & 1.
- Age categories are those used by the race organiser.
- 2nd claim members count in this league.
- Every runner scores points!
Click here to see full rules (PDF format).
This is "Robbie Webster's Wobbler", in memory of Helsby RC member Robbie who did so much for the Club and who died in 2012.
It is race 1 (of 3) in the 2017 Inter-club Fell Race Competition.
The series rules are:
Details below are for 2016. We don't expect them to change much for 2017.
The race distance in previous years was 5.2 miles (8.4k) with 1220ft climb (370m).
For more race information, see the Helsby RC blog.
Entry fee: £5.00, on the day.
Race venue & parking: Best Western Forest Hills Hotel health club car park, Overton Hill, Frodsham, WA6 6HH. Please share cars if you can. Toilets will be the external toilet block in the car park, not in the Hotel itself.
Registration: In the Hotel health club car park
Race start: Junction of Bellemonte Road & Hillfield, Overton, Frodsham. This is about ½ mile away from the car park, near the Ring o'Bells pub.
Race finish: Frodsham War Memorial, on top of the hill, a short distance from the car park.
Changing facilities: There will be no changing facilities at the Hotel, either before of after the race.
Course details: Please note that the course will be marked & marshalled but it is open to the public. Please treat other users of the paths with respect - thank you!
Results & prize-giving: At Helsby Community Sports Club (the Race HQ for the Four Villages Half Marathon), Chester Road, Helsby, WA6 0DL.